Criminal records can expunged, where all records of an arrest and/or subsequent court case are removed from the public record. A person, in most cases, may legally deny or fail to acknowledge ever having been arrested for or charged with any crime which has been expunged.
If you are having difficulty obtaining employment or a professional license due to a criminal record, The Law Offices of Paula Drake can help.
Some important factors include:
- Your age at the time of conviction;
- The amount of time that has passed since the conviction;
- Whether you have had subsequent convictions;
- Whether or are currently on probation;
- Whether the conviction is for a misdemeanor or a felony;
- The type of felony offense;
- Whether sentenced to probation or state prison;
- Whether you were successful in completing the terms of your sentence or probation;
- The nature of the conviction and the specifics of the sentence.
In addition to filing the correct paperwork, Criminal Defense Attorney Paula Drake will analyze your record for several factors to determine if you qualify for an available remedy.
Often times felonies can be reduced to misdemeanors prior to the clearing of the record. The specific remedy for clearing the record (e.g. expungement, certificate of rehabilitation, pardon, sealing the record) will depend on the specifics of your case.
Paula Drake has the ability to determine the best approach for clearing your criminal record. Even a record that may be lengthy or appear serious could be cleared or minimized. Even if you have tried to clear your record on your own and the request was denied, it is still possible that we can help you to ultimately get your record cleared.
If you qualify for a remedy such as expungement or certificate of rehabilitation, you will be given a fee quote and cost quote based on the remedy and the procedure particular to your case. Sometimes you will only need a simple petition; in other cases the procedure will consist or motions and hearings.
Paula Drake has a successful track record in clearing the criminal records for many of her clients. Don’t let a past criminal record hold you back. Call for a free consultation to explore your options.